Bucharest & Essential Danube Delta in 5 Days
Come into the wild and discover the Danube Delta - UNESCO biosphere reservation; The best time to visit 1 April - 1 November!
- Mila 23 is an authentic traditional fishing village and one of the main settlements of the Lipoveni, descendants of Russian refugees.
- St. Atanasie Monastery, the only monastery in Danube Delta.
- Letea Forest, a subtropical forest, famous for its nature, sandy dunes, a big variety of flora, fauna and also wild horses.
- Fishing, bird watching, wild flora and fauna... pelicans, butterflies.
- Traditional, tasty food based mainly on fresh fish dishes.
- Itinerary: Bucharest - Tulcea - Danube Delta - Bucharest
- Tour type: individual or small group by car/ minibus
- Accommodation: 3* hotel with breakfast in the city center Bucharest and 4* hotel with fullboard in Danube Delta .
- Duration: 4 nights/5 days.
- Language: English speaking guide (other languages available with an additional fee)
Arrival, meeting with your Romanian guide and driver at the airport and transfer to the hotel.
Sightseeing Bucharest including panoramic view of the most important buildings and squares: The Arch of Triumph (the same architecture of Arc de Triomphe in Paris), The Romanian Athenaeum (Bucharest's most prestigious concert hall and home of George Enescu Philharmonic), The former Royal Palace, Opera house; Squares: Victoriei, Romana, Revolution, Universitatii and Unirii.
Optional visit of The Village Museum, outdoor museum, ne of the main tourist attraction in Bucharest, showing a unique collection in Eastern Europe of old villages, peasant houses from all the regions in Romania, old furniture and tools. If weather doesn`t permit, the visit will be replace with The Romanian Peasant Museum, indoor museum showing collection of textiles, icons, ceramics and other artifacts of Romanian peasant life.
Free evening at disposal. Overnight in Bucharest.
Around 12:00-13:00, transfer by private speed boat from Tulcea pier to Mila 23 Village on Sulina channel (in the middle). Estimated cruising time 2 hours with stops for photos or bird watching. Arrival at the guesthouse located directly at the channel. Boat will park in front of the guesthouse. Free afternoon: visit of the village, fishing lessons, fishing or just relaxing. Dinner and overnight in 4* guesthouse in Mila 23.
Breakfast. At 09:00 cruise on amazing lakes and channels in the Northern part of the Delta, admiring birds and luxuriant vegetation. Stop to visit St. Atanasie Monastery, the only monastery in Danube Delta. Return to Mila 23 on a different route. Lunch. Free afternoon for fishing or optional extra charge: canoe, nautical ski. Dinner and overnight in 4* guesthouse Mila 23.
Breakfast. At 09:00 cruise on the Eastern channels of Delta to Letea Forest, a subtropical forest with a variety of flora and fauna, also famous for more than 2000 wild horses living there. Visit of the forest, sandy dunes and the salty lake. Return to Mila 23 on a different route. Lunch. Free afternoon for fishing or optional extra charge: canoe, nautical ski. Dinner and overnight in 4* guesthouse MIla 23.
Breakfast. At 09:00 transfer by speed boat among Sulina channel to Tulcea. Transfer to Bucharest. End of the program.
- English speaking guide
- Transport by car/minibus
- Transfer to/from airport
- Transfer by speed boat Tulcea/Mila 23 Village/Tulcea
- 1 night accommodation in double room with breakfast in 3* hotel in Bucharest
- 3 nights accommodation in double room with fullboard in 4* guesthouse in Mila 23
- Visits according to the program
- Fishing lessons with equipment
Not included: Entrance fees visits and meals (except breakfast) in Bucharest, optional trips.