Communist Bucharest Private Tour (6H)
Visit the key sites associated with the communist period in Bucharest and explore a period which deeply marked Romanian history and culture.
- Palace of the Parliament (House of the People)
- Civic Center and Victory of Socialism Boulevard
- Revolution Square and University Square – the main two sites of the Romanian Revolution
- House of the Free Press
- Romanian Television HQ
- Primaverii (Spring) Palace – former residence of the Ceausescu family
Uncover the communist landmarks, starting with the impressive House of the People – now the Palace of the Parliament, the second largest building in the world after the Pentagon!
Dive into the communist heritage and hear the stories of the Red Bucharest, learning the answers of interesting and sometimes sensitive questions such as:
- Why are some Romanians nostalgic about their communist past?
- What did day-to-day life look like in under the communist regime in Romania?
- The 1989 Romanian Revolution was one of the most violent of the Eastern Block and it was broadcasted live all over the world. It ended with the execution of the dictator couple Nicolae and Elena Ceausescu. But was it really a revolution after all?
- Itinerary: Bucharest
- Tour type: individual or small group, transport by car/minibus, starting and ending location at your hotel
- Duration: 6 hours
- Language: English / French / Italian speaking licensed guide (other languages available with an additional fee)
- Additional info: Classy Romania is not responsible if the visited sites are closed without prior notice.
Palace of the Parliament (House of the People) may be sometimes closed to the public due to conferences or private events.Primaverii Palace is closed on Mondays and Tuedays.
To sweeten the taste of our stories from the old days, you are invited to try out a few sweets treats popular in the communist period.
Book the Made in Communism Bucharest private tour and enjoy an authentic experience of communist heritage.