Traditional Romanian Food Private Walking Tour (4H)
An introduction about Romanian gastronomy with stops at iconic sites, hidden gardens or shabby pubs.
A short walk through central Bucharest with an introduction about Romanian gastronomy and exquisite historical restaurants, with stops at iconic sites, hidden gardens or shabby pubs. Dessert will be the cherry on top, so come along and let's eat!
Have you ever been on a gastronomy tour in Europe? Well, you know what to order when going to Italy, Spain or Greece. These places have already made a brand out of local cuisine and their products are already part of our day-to-day lunches or dinners! But what would you associate Romanian food with? No, it's not only garlic and meat, but we do have a saying that our favorite vegetable is pork!
This tour takes place in Bucharest (for other cities in Romania, just send us a message at the bottom of this page!) and we'd be more than glad to take you on a journey custom made for your taste buds!
We have selected restaurants serving authentic Romanian meals.
Here is just a short list of dishes you might come across during your tour:
- Baked pepper salad
- Eggplant salad
- Caviar salad
- Bean paste salad
- Beef salad
- Sour soup / Ciorbă
- Cabbage or wine leaf rolls
- Mici (grilled skinless sausages)
- Smoked bacon and onions
- Cabbage stew
- Romanian sweetbread (Cozonac)
- Itinerary: Bucharest
- Tour type: individual or small group by foot, starting and ending location at your hotel
- Duration: 4 hours
- Language: English / Swedish speaking guide (other languages available with an additional fee)
- Additional info: Classy Romania is not responsible if the visited sites are closed without prior notice.